10/07/2017 Progress Report
- Pattern selection system works and now uses the update cycle
- Score/Wave causing pattern to change
- Specific patterns can be selected based on wave number and can set to random.
What I Need To Work On:
- Making more levels
- Modifier items
- Lives system
- Additional enemy types
Other Things I'm Doing:
- Thinking about how to improve game balance in aspects like shooting, speed, and where the objects spawn.
- Additional game mechanics (Caused via modifiers or scripting)
- Boss fights
- Sound and Music
- Art assets
- Controller support
- Difficulty levels
- Bonus stuff
A Few Other Words:
So remember how I said I'd post a video once I got that new sub-system working? Well good news, it works now. So now it changes the pattern of object coming towards you every wave. Additionally, it can switch patterns mid-wave. It's not perfect, but it does give me a lot more to work with in terms of throwing random shit at the player. Furthermore, I changed how the shooting works, so you can fire more than one bullet at a time.
So I'm going to start working on having more enemies and patterns, and then after that modifiers. After that though, probably bosses. Oh, and art will probably be worked on at some point too.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.