22/09/2018 Progress Report
- Removed custom inspector stuff as it wasn't working out.
- Various tweaks.
- New art work - Sprites for item pick ups.
- Rough design of the first boss complete.
- New enemy types designed.
What I Need To Work On:
- Alternate control methods.
- Textures and shaders for the models.
- Continued 3D modelling.
- Visual feedback from the HUD on various things.
- Making more levels.
- Boss fights.
- Various visual effects.
- Try and make a new demo.
Other Things I'm Doing:
- HUD design.
- Sound and Music.
- Menu art and design.
- Loading enemy, weapon, and boss types into the content creator.
- Saving and loading for the content creation system.
- Pause menu options.
- Graphics/Gameplay/Sound options.
- Easier generation of campaigns.
- Main menu stuff.
- Difficulty levels.
- Bonus stuff.
A Few Other Words:
Sometimes you do things thinking they're gonna make your life easier, and then realise that they take up more time trying to build them than the time they would save. That's more or less my experience trying to make custom inspector stuff for Unity when trying to build a better system for all the spawning stuff, which is still currently a bunch of hard coded arrays. It will probably remain that way until I can come up with a better solution.
In lighter news, I made some sprites for item pick ups. They're not the prettiest things in the world, but at least they look alright. On top of that, I'm starting to do more work on enemy design to make some new foes that present even more ways to challenge the player. Whether or not they'll be put in the upcoming demo remains yet to be seen.
As for the demo, Demo Day 23 is the first weekend of November, and I'm aiming to have it release in time for that.
Get Bullet Hell Lane Shooter
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.