21/06/2018 Progress Report
- Fixed that script so now all objects respond to getting hit.
- Set up a system that spawns boss fights. There's only one in there at the moment though.
- Set up a thing that displays story text during checkpoint rounds. Needs tweaking as it currently takes up too much real estate and can obscure things on the screen.
- You can now pause the game.
- Various tweaks and changes.
What I Need To Work On:
- Visual feedback for objects being destroyed.
- Textures and shaders for the models.
- Continued 3D modelling.
- Visual feedback from the HUD on various things.
- Making more levels.
- Boss fights.
Other Things I'm Doing:
- HUD design.
- Sound and Music.
- Controller support.
- Loading enemy, weapon, and boss types into the content creator.
- Saving and loading for the content creation system.
- Pause menu options.
- Graphics/Gameplay/Sound options.
- Art assets.
- Main menu stuff.
- Difficulty levels.
- Bonus stuff.
A Few Other Words:
I have decided to give up on trying to make a new demo for the next Demo Day in favour of releasing a new one with more robust and finished content. Particularly with some newer and more finalised art.
Anyway, I've added a system to put bosses in the game, with additional art and scripts that should trigger when they appear. The first boss is pretty simple though.
I added a way to pause the game and started adding some stuff for a menu to alter various options, but decided to put it on hold because I'm not sure what to add to those menus and Unity's UI stuff was giving me a headache.
I've been doing some research into shaders and will probably be jumping into that type of stuff soon. I'm not sure what to tell you to expect, it's been a while since I did anything shader related, but at least my models won't look like placeholders by the time I'm done. I hope.
Get Bullet Hell Lane Shooter
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.