19/05/2018 Progress Report
- Weapon pickups added.
- Basic checkpoint system added.
- New HUD elements for displaying health and weapons.
- New system that activates certain weapons and modifiers on certain waves.
What I Need To Work On:
- Made a script that causes objects to change colour when they're hit to provide some extra visual feedback. However, it seems to have issues for certain game objects.
- Textures and shaders for the models
- Continued 3D modelling
- Visual feedback from the HUD on various things
- Making more levels
- Boss fights
Other Things I'm Doing:
- HUD design
- Sound and Music
- Loading enemy, weapon, and boss types into the content creator
- Saving and loading for the content creation system
- Art assets
- Controller support
- Graphics/Gameplay/Sound options
- Difficulty levels
- Bonus stuff
A Few Other Words:
The new UI stuff is pretty neat, I'm quite happy with how it looks minus the visual jitter when going up and down the screen. Most of what I'm doing now is adding visual feedback to certain things, like hitting something or getting hit. Considering the bugs I'm currently encountering though, it might take some time. Once that's done though, I'll try and make the first boss fight in the game. And provided there's still time before Demo Day, adding a pause menu with some graphics and sound options.
If you haven't already, feel free to give the demo day demo a go and give me some feedback. Although I'm mostly looking for feedback on "Game Feel" right now. Till next time.
Get Bullet Hell Lane Shooter
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.