12/10/2018 Progress Report
- First boss designed and implemented with placeholder art. Including some basic animation.
- Main and end demo menus added.
- Sound mixer implemented.
- Options menu implemented and mostly functional.
- Controllers can now be used on menus (Kind of).
- Models now use wireframe shader.
- New enemy types based on current enemies; Fixed Position Turret and Moving Enemy.
- Various colour changes.
- Additional tweaks and changes.
What I Need To Work On:
- Fixing problems with controllers.
- Alternate control methods.
- Continued 3D modelling including animations.
- Visual feedback from the HUD on various things.
- Making more levels.
- More boss fights.
- Additional visual effects.
Other Things I'm Doing:
- HUD design.
- More finalised sound and music.
- General art and design for menus.
- Loading enemy, weapon, and boss types into the content creator.
- Saving and loading for the content creation system.
- Pause menu options.
- In-game Graphics and Input options
- Easier generation of campaigns.
- Difficulty levels.
- Bonus stuff.
A Few Other Words:
So in a brisk walk towards getting a demo out, I decided to make several quality of life and design changes that make the game seem a bit more developed than it actually is. But it does mean those playing the demo will get a slightly more polished experience that will be more indicative of the final game (I hope).
That said, making it more of goddamn game helps justify me actually developing it. And I've been on a good streak in terms of implementing stuff. Now mind, a lot of it isn't working properly yet, but it's better.
Current things I'd like to deal with are getting controller support more nailed down and working; changing the waves for the demo to make it a bit harder and more fun, as well as show off more of the in-game items; and fixing some bugs that happen occasionally that mess up the active modifier stuff when you die.
But yeah, stuff. Demo still planned for early November come Hell or high water. Demo Day 23 itself starts on the 2nd of November, so probably around then.
Get Bullet Hell Lane Shooter
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.