06/05/2018 Progress Report
- Wave system that now stores the information within a list that goes through as the game progresses.
- Fixed the item spawning for pickup items to use a better implemented weighted percentage check.
- Increased game speed, various tweaks to game balance.
- Placeholder sound effects added.
- Firing main weapon is now a hold instead of a press.
What I Need To Work On:
- Textures and shaders for the models
- Continued 3D modelling
- Visual feedback from the HUD on various things
- Making more levels
- Boss fights
Other Things I'm Doing:
- HUD design
- Sound and Music
- Loading enemy, weapon, and boss types into the content creator
- Saving and loading for the content creation system
- Art assets
- Controller support
- Graphics/Gameplay/Sound options
- Difficulty levels
- Bonus stuff
A Few Other Words:
DEMO DAY 20 DEMO IS OUT.
So I put out a prototype demo and got a couple of suggestions. The main ones were; making the main firing a hold instead of an individual press, increasing the game speed to make it a bit harder, and adding sound effects.
I wasn't originally planning on releasing for Demo Day, but when I got a bunch of improvements done within a few hours, I figured "Screw it" and put something together similar to the first prototype demo.
Anyway, the thing that's been taking up my time as of late with the game is going back and fixing the object spawning. It now stores a series of arrays that keep information on what is spawning. The only real issue is that I'm writing down what spawns inside of a script instead of having it read in from a text file like I was planning to. But now that I've sorted out all the bugs with that system, making it behave that way isn't far off.
On that note, I've put the content creation system on complete hold for the time being. It's too much of a headache for me right now to want to deal with.
So what's the next thing to work on?
Well I'm likely going to make a few more sound effects for special weapons, add some visual effects for when things get destroyed and get hit, and then work on respawning the player at checkpoints so dying actually has consequence. Additionally, I would like to work more on the HUD. It's getting a bit too cluttered.
That'll do for now. Enjoy the demo, and don't forget to give me some feedback.
Get Bullet Hell Lane Shooter
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.